Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A False Hope?

My dad bought me a copy of Star Ocean: The Last Hope as an early birthday present for me yesterday. I played it for about 2 hours so far; the graphics are great, the music fits the whole Space Odyssey thematic, but the one thing that's struck me so far is the game's story: man destroys the planet earth in a cataclysmic WWIII, then builds a huge space station in the hopes of colonizing other planets...reminds me of the Tower of Babel story from Genesis (which I just happen to be studying in my Old Testament class at Loyola!) Man constantly tries to make himself into a God, and constantly fails (and the story of Star Ocean thus far is demonstrating that all too candidly!)

I hope to have more on this game in the coming days (no pun intended!). St. Kasimir, pray for us!

No comments: